Check Engine Light Diagnostics and Repair
Sundance Automotive Repair Lakewood, CO
Every car owner dreads seeing that light come on and having to find a mechanic for check engine light diagnostics and repair. Sundance Automotive in Lakewood, Colorado will make it as painless as possible with fast service, accurate diagnosis and reasonable prices on any repairs needed.
So, what does this light mean? Well, it's connected to an on-board diagnostic system (OBD-II) that is federally required on all vehicles. This system regulates vehicle emissions, controlling and adjusting the catalytic converter, ignition, fuel mixture and other components to limit the amount of pollutants that a car releases into the environment. When the OBD-II cannot fix an issue, it turns on the warning light to let you know it needs check engine light diagnostics and repair.
- If the light is steady, it's likely not an emergency, but your car is probably producing a lot of harmful emissions and may be having issues with performance and fuel efficiency. Before the issue worsens and starts damaging other engine parts, make an appointment with Sundance.
- If your check engine light is blinking, it should not be ignored. In fact, your car may already be misfiring, overheating, or struggling to accelerate. If it's drivable, reduce your speed and get to the nearest mechanic. To be safe and prevent added damage, call for a tow.
After arriving at Sundance Automotive Repair in Lakewood, Colorado, you may wonder what our check engine light diagnostics and repair entails. Because there are a number of problems that can cause the light to turn on, we will plug a special tool into your vehicle to read the OBD-II codes. These codes will point us in the right direction for further diagnosis by one of our ASE certified technicians.
No matter what we find, you can trust us to provide fast, thorough and honest service for any issue:
- Fuel and air metering – mass airflow sensor, throttle body, fuel injectors, O2 sensor
- Ignition system and misfires – spark plugs, ignition coils
- Auxiliary emissions controls – emissions, including EVAP and EGR systems
- Vehicle speed controls, idle control and aux inputs – speed sensor, power steering, A/C
- Computer and aux outputs
- Transmission (will require added diagnostics)
Light on? Don't wait. Come to Sundance Automotive in Lakewood, Colorado for check engine light diagnostics and repair today. We'll find the problem and get you safely back on the road.